Skip to main content

Now That We Live In A Monarchy

  The Supreme Court has just ruled that a President of the United States cannot be punished for "official acts." That being the case, President Biden should do the following:

1) Suspend all further elections, at least for the office of President, and declare himself to be "President-for-Life". 

2) Proclaim that a successor of his choosing will be named President upon his death.

3) Disband the Supreme Court and replace it with Justices entirely of his own choosing.

4) Declare the Republican party to be an illegal entity. (Fun Fact, the U.S. Constitution nowhere dictates the existence of political parties. It allows for them but doesn't say they must exist.)

5) Arrest Donald Trump for the charge of Treason.

6) Declare that the right to interpret the Constitution of the United States is his alone. 

7) Proclaim all these to be "official acts".

There will be a lot of protest and rioting in the streets as a result of these official acts, so President Biden should invoke the Insurrection Act to crush dissent, as Jeffrey Clark suggested Donald Trump do, and jail MAGA protestors. It might be necessary to use the military to enforce these official acts, again as Donald Trump wanted to do, but that's no problem now that the President rules by fiat.

Of course I'm being sarcastic. I don't truly believe the President should do any of these things (well, okay, maybe number 5), but the fact is that Biden could potentially do any of these things and more, and simply by declaring them to be "official acts" avoid any prosecution. 

My point is this, should Donald Trump be returned to the White House, as he most likely will, he and his sycophants will establish the most authoritarian government they can get away with and call everything they do with that aim in mind official acts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends don't let friends vote for Bush

I have a friend who, I’m very nearly certain, voted for Bush. He told me as recently as a week prior to the election that he was considering voting for Bush because of the terrorism issue. I’m thinking very seriously about cutting him off as a friend. You see, the problem isn’t necessarily that he voted for Bush, it’s that I no longer respect him for coming to that decision. Having succumbed to America’s jingoistic view of Muslims I now think that perhaps my friend doesn’t have the intellectual agility I originally credited to him. Is there any one else out there who feels betrayed by a friend who voted for Bush? I’m interested in reader’s opinions on the matter so please post a comment.

How Boring

OK, so I decided that I wasn't going to write anything political, that I was just gonna write about personal stuff. And I haven't written a thing in two weeks. How boring is my life? But I've got some stuff coming.....