Skip to main content

Qwest Sucks II

WARNING: THIS IS A RANT....

So, a week ago yesterday, Qwest cut off our DSL. They did this because we found ourselves a month behind on our bill. See, Jessica was unemployed for a couple months this year, and even though we thought we were all caught up on our bills, we weren't. So with no warning, Qwest cuts us off. Anyway, I call Qwest on Sunday and get everything all paid up and I'm asking the girl on the phone when our DSL will be back on. She says it will take 5 business days. I found it difficult to believe that it could take that long and asked her why. Her answer was, "I don't have an answer for you." As you can imagine, this was highly unsatisfactory, so I tried in different ways to discern why it could take so long to get my service back. I continued to ask, "What about the process takes 5 business days?" Her answer continued to be, "I don't have an answer for you." This girl was so unhelpful as to be counter-productive. She couldn't or wouldn't transfer me to someone who could tell me why it would take so long to get my service back. Finally, I realized I was gonna have to concede the five days, so I said, "Fine, when the service is restored on Friday, is there anything I'll need to do?" She said to me, "Your service won't be on 'til next Monday." Remember, this was a Sunday, so I asked her, "How does Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday not work out to be 5 business days?" She told me that since the order was to go in on Monday, Monday doesn't count. I couldn't believe it so I said, "You mean to tell me that even though this order is going to go through first thing in the morning on Monday, Monday isn't going to count?" She confirmed that so I spent another several minutes trying to get at why that was the case. Again, she couldn't explain it to me and wouldn't or couldn't transfer me to someone who could. After being on the phone for a long time with this stupid bitch, I finally resigned myself to another weekend without DSL and began looking forward to the following Monday. Monday arrives but the DSL, not so much. So I'm back on the phone with Qwest's tech help and the guy asks me what modem I have. When I tell him, he tells me that Qwest is no longer using that modem so we need a new one. As it turns out the 5 business days is so Qwest can ship the new modems they're requiring customers use. That was information that was supposed have been obtained by the incompetant, unhelpful bitch the previous week. So the Qwest tech guy tells me he will 'next-day' the modem to me, but, you guessed it, the order wouldn't go through til the next day so I wouldn't be online til Wednesday. Because of that stupid girl the previous week, I had to wait an additional 3 business days (I maintain that I should have been online the previous Friday so I count Monday) to get back online.

I know... I know, I'm back on now so I should just let it go. But I still wonder why that girl went so out of her way to be so unhelpful, or why a company that tries to sell you on how high tech they are can't process an order faster, or at least let you know they're going to turn you off. It reinforces my "people are no damn good" theory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bush Lied and People Died

I just can't stand it anymore. Read the Downing Street Memo , and you'll see that President Bush lied to the American people when he told us in his State of the Union address that the U.S. wasn't yet committed to the path of war. He lied again when he said that Saddam Hussein had tried to purchase uranium in Niger, Africa. Joseph Wilson , who is a diplomat that was sent to Niger in order to check these allegations, said that Bush was lying. Wilson was then smeared in the media by the Bush administration, and his wife Valerie Plame, an active CIA operative (working on finding WMD in the world), was "outed" by Karl Rove and Robert Novak. Bush lied when he told us that Al Queda and Saddam Hussein had "high level" talks. Every government committee that studied 9/11 said there was no credible evidence to support that. But its not just Georgie. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld lied when he went on "This Week with George Stephanopolis" and said h

How Boring

OK, so I decided that I wasn't going to write anything political, that I was just gonna write about personal stuff. And I haven't written a thing in two weeks. How boring is my life? But I've got some stuff coming.....

Donald Rumsfeld on CNN

8:15AM Pacific Time: Sittin here watchin Wolf interview Rummy on Late Edition, and Rummy is talking about why it's not a good idea to pull out of Iraq right now. He's talking about, and I paraphrase, "If we establish a timeline for pull-out, then we're telling the insurgents that they only have to wait until we're gone, and if we do that, they will wait, and then unleash a blood bath when we're gone." Goddamit, I hate it when I have to agree with one of these trolls. But, sadly, no matter how much we hate the Bush administration, truth, from any source is still truth. And the truth is, the insurgents will wait, and they will unleash a blood-bath. What Rummy doesn't say is, all that will be our fault. I have to say it, though it pains me to do so, I do think it's irresponsible to call for an immediate troop withdrawal from Iraq, because of what I said above. I believe that what the democrats need to keep harping on is the fact that pre-war intell