Skip to main content

George Bush Gets Lucky!

Alright, let it be said that I was happy to see the Iraqi elections take place with as little violence as there was. After threatening to "bathe the streets of Baghdad in voter's blood," the insurgents came nowhere near. It would seem -- and I say this grudgingly -- something has gone right for the Bush administration in Iraq. I say Bush got lucky, but they're inevitably going to take credit for it. Now, if I were a bettin' man, I'd be willing to bet a substantial amount of money that at some point this week, on the nightly news shows, we're going to see the neo-cons take to the airwaves to proclaim the good news that George Bush has delivered democracy to the Middle East, and then they'll look us in the face and tell us that, is why we went to Iraq. Its at that point that we must still hold the administration accountable because, of course, that is not what we were told.

We were told lies about weapons of mass destruction. When that didn't work out the administration blamed it on "faulty intelligence." But we know that's not true. When former Ambassador Joseph Wilson came back from Niger to tell Vice President Cheney there was no evidence at all linking Saddam to attempts to purchase 'yellow cake' uranium -- as Bush had said in his State of the Union address -- Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, was outed as a C.I.A. operative. When the truth stood opposed to the Bush administration, the Bush administration shot the messenger.

Anyhoo, watch and see, it'll be interesting to see how much spin the Bushies try to get out of one good day in Iraq.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donald Rumsfeld on CNN

8:15AM Pacific Time: Sittin here watchin Wolf interview Rummy on Late Edition, and Rummy is talking about why it's not a good idea to pull out of Iraq right now. He's talking about, and I paraphrase, "If we establish a timeline for pull-out, then we're telling the insurgents that they only have to wait until we're gone, and if we do that, they will wait, and then unleash a blood bath when we're gone." Goddamit, I hate it when I have to agree with one of these trolls. But, sadly, no matter how much we hate the Bush administration, truth, from any source is still truth. And the truth is, the insurgents will wait, and they will unleash a blood-bath. What Rummy doesn't say is, all that will be our fault. I have to say it, though it pains me to do so, I do think it's irresponsible to call for an immediate troop withdrawal from Iraq, because of what I said above. I believe that what the democrats need to keep harping on is the fact that pre-war intell

My Ass

Sprizee , in a comment on one of my posts, had this to say: "All this talk about your ass and NO PICTURE. What gives??? ;) " Mind you, I never said my ass was anything special. But I'll see if I can't get Jessica to snap a pic and I'll post it.

How Boring

OK, so I decided that I wasn't going to write anything political, that I was just gonna write about personal stuff. And I haven't written a thing in two weeks. How boring is my life? But I've got some stuff coming.....