Skip to main content

Hey All

Well, the New Year is underway, and while it's still way too early to
be able to tell how things are going to go, I am confident that this
will be a good year. Perhaps it has something to do with the current
political climate, you know, theDems being mostly in charge and stuff, but I have the feeling that there will be a lot to like this year.

In other news, our bathroom ceiling is about to fall in, again. The roof
on our apartment building is flat and when it rains a large pool
gathers and then leaks in through our bathroom ceiling. We've got mold
spots bigger than silver dollars! I took pictures of the ceiling and
sent them along with our rent but we've heard nothing back from our
land-lady. The other night it was practically raining in our bathroom
so I suppose we'd better actually give her a call.

Jessica and I went to the New Year's Eve party at the Space Needle this year and it
was cool. Since Jess and I moved in together on January 1st, we like to
say that the city of Seattle puts on a very nice fireworks display for
our anniversary, anyway, while we've watched the show from a popular
spot across the highway several times, we've never joined the teeming
throng at Seattle Center before. The traffic, the crowds, you
know...but this year there was a Sonics game on New Year's Eve and I
was gonna be there anyway, so we decided Jess would meet me there. It
was a good time! We had an excellent view of the Space Needle and I
took some great pics and video with Jess' new digital camera.

The job with the Sonics goes well. I think I finally have the hang of
what's going on there. It's not like going to a Monday through Friday
gig and that made training difficult, but it's all good now. I need to
find out if my employment contract extends through Storm season. The
Storm is Seattle'sWNBA team. Speaking of the Storm, I worked a seat
selection event where folks holding season tickets for the upcoming
Storm season got to come in and pick which seats they wanted. Now I had
always heard that most of theWNBA's fans were lesbians, but never knew
whether or not it was true. It's true. I saw so many female couples
coming to pick out their seats. I suppose it shouldn't come as any big
surprise that the lesbian ladies like the female players, I just wonder
whether that's true across the country, or whether its just a Seattle
thing. Straight men and gay men have all the other sports, so why
shouldn't the lesbians have a sport they can get in to?

So I guess that's all I've got for now. I promise to try and write more in the coming New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donald Rumsfeld on CNN

8:15AM Pacific Time: Sittin here watchin Wolf interview Rummy on Late Edition, and Rummy is talking about why it's not a good idea to pull out of Iraq right now. He's talking about, and I paraphrase, "If we establish a timeline for pull-out, then we're telling the insurgents that they only have to wait until we're gone, and if we do that, they will wait, and then unleash a blood bath when we're gone." Goddamit, I hate it when I have to agree with one of these trolls. But, sadly, no matter how much we hate the Bush administration, truth, from any source is still truth. And the truth is, the insurgents will wait, and they will unleash a blood-bath. What Rummy doesn't say is, all that will be our fault. I have to say it, though it pains me to do so, I do think it's irresponsible to call for an immediate troop withdrawal from Iraq, because of what I said above. I believe that what the democrats need to keep harping on is the fact that pre-war intell

How Boring

OK, so I decided that I wasn't going to write anything political, that I was just gonna write about personal stuff. And I haven't written a thing in two weeks. How boring is my life? But I've got some stuff coming.....

Bush Lied and People Died

I just can't stand it anymore. Read the Downing Street Memo , and you'll see that President Bush lied to the American people when he told us in his State of the Union address that the U.S. wasn't yet committed to the path of war. He lied again when he said that Saddam Hussein had tried to purchase uranium in Niger, Africa. Joseph Wilson , who is a diplomat that was sent to Niger in order to check these allegations, said that Bush was lying. Wilson was then smeared in the media by the Bush administration, and his wife Valerie Plame, an active CIA operative (working on finding WMD in the world), was "outed" by Karl Rove and Robert Novak. Bush lied when he told us that Al Queda and Saddam Hussein had "high level" talks. Every government committee that studied 9/11 said there was no credible evidence to support that. But its not just Georgie. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld lied when he went on "This Week with George Stephanopolis" and said h