Skip to main content

So Very Tired

Well, I'm sure that by now, what small readership I had has dwindled down to nothing. I have ceased to be relevant. I am so tired now-days when I get home from work that I just don't want to do anything but have a drink and "veg" on the couch. My job with Banctec is actually quite stressful. There is a lot of pressure to complete a certain number of jobs per day. In my case, I'm supposed to complete four jobs per day. It doesn't sound difficult, but I cover an area that extends from Everett, WA to Olympia, over to the Eastside, Bellevue, Kirkland and all the way to Maple Valley. Also, there is the issue of parts. Where are they being delivered? When will they arrive? Finally, there is the issue of, do I know what the hell I'm doing? I have recieved hands-on training on some of the printers I service, but there are still quite a few printers where I have no fucking clue what I'm doing and I have to call the Banctec help desk to get walked through how to change out a given part. So any one job might take me a very long time. And printers aren't like computers. A desk top computer has very few moving parts, the majority of the machine is the motherboard and that's all electrical, no moving parts. Printers on the other hand are all moving parts. And complicated too! At any rate, a lot of circumstances conspire to prevent me from accomplishing the required number of jobs. Don't mind me, it's late, I'm tired, a little drunk, and on a rant.

Comments

TheEmperfect said…
I was wondering what my old acquaintance on Blogger was up to this morning over a cup of coffee. It seems he has moved his address on the Internets. I shall try to look him up on Facebook...

Popular posts from this blog

Taiko Drummers 

"Casablanca"

 Turner Classic Movies is showing Casablanca this morning. Was there ever more on-screen chemistry than between Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman? But here's what gets me about this movie, the way everyone in Ricks Cafe Americain smokes all the time, and the way they start a drink at one table, take two sips while talking to someone, then leave that table to go to the bar to talk to someone else and order a different drink and take two sips, then leave the bar, go to another table and order yet another drink. Now, I consider myself an experienced drunkard (which makes me, like Rick, a "citizen of the world") but I could only aspire to that kind of drinking! And, fuck me, I want to start smoking again every time I watch Casablanca . Seriously, if the getting of cancer was ever made to look sexier than in this movie, I've never seen it.

My Ass

Sprizee , in a comment on one of my posts, had this to say: "All this talk about your ass and NO PICTURE. What gives??? ;) " Mind you, I never said my ass was anything special. But I'll see if I can't get Jessica to snap a pic and I'll post it.