Skip to main content

Going to write more, now that I have the time.

 I started this blog in 2004 mostly as an outlet for my political rants but also just to talk about my life. But, as so often happens, life got busy and complicated and painful and I only wrote in fits and starts for several years. Frankly I'm surprised Google/Blogger didn't just delete it so someone else could have the title 'Blogging My Life.' But they didn't and I'm glad because now that I'm disabled and have some time on my hands, I've discovered that writing a journal has helped me work out in my mind some of the issues I deal with. I have Ankylosing's Spondylitis, which is an autoimmune disease that causes fusing of the spine and other joints as well as intensely painful inflammation elsewhere in the body. And I have peripheral neuropathy in my right leg as a result of a parachuting accident while in the army. I'm constantly in a good deal of pain and this chronic pain has caused me to lose many things: an active lifestyle, job, wife, among other things. Now I spend the vast majority of my time laying on my left side with a pillow between my knees just trying to be as comfortable as I can be at any given time. I promise that I'll not complain about my pain too much because I don't want that to be the focus of this blog. I don't want to be the 'Ankylosing's guy' who writes only to other A.S. sufferers. I don't want this blog to be the 'How to deal with A.S.' blog. To be honest I'm not sure I'm dealing with it any better than someone else so I don't feel like I'm in any position to give out advice on the subject. Anyhoo, I'm thinking that some of the things I would journal will make it to this blog, so, you've got that to look forward to. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Boring

OK, so I decided that I wasn't going to write anything political, that I was just gonna write about personal stuff. And I haven't written a thing in two weeks. How boring is my life? But I've got some stuff coming.....

Donald Rumsfeld on CNN

8:15AM Pacific Time: Sittin here watchin Wolf interview Rummy on Late Edition, and Rummy is talking about why it's not a good idea to pull out of Iraq right now. He's talking about, and I paraphrase, "If we establish a timeline for pull-out, then we're telling the insurgents that they only have to wait until we're gone, and if we do that, they will wait, and then unleash a blood bath when we're gone." Goddamit, I hate it when I have to agree with one of these trolls. But, sadly, no matter how much we hate the Bush administration, truth, from any source is still truth. And the truth is, the insurgents will wait, and they will unleash a blood-bath. What Rummy doesn't say is, all that will be our fault. I have to say it, though it pains me to do so, I do think it's irresponsible to call for an immediate troop withdrawal from Iraq, because of what I said above. I believe that what the democrats need to keep harping on is the fact that pre-war intell

Bush Lied and People Died

I just can't stand it anymore. Read the Downing Street Memo , and you'll see that President Bush lied to the American people when he told us in his State of the Union address that the U.S. wasn't yet committed to the path of war. He lied again when he said that Saddam Hussein had tried to purchase uranium in Niger, Africa. Joseph Wilson , who is a diplomat that was sent to Niger in order to check these allegations, said that Bush was lying. Wilson was then smeared in the media by the Bush administration, and his wife Valerie Plame, an active CIA operative (working on finding WMD in the world), was "outed" by Karl Rove and Robert Novak. Bush lied when he told us that Al Queda and Saddam Hussein had "high level" talks. Every government committee that studied 9/11 said there was no credible evidence to support that. But its not just Georgie. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld lied when he went on "This Week with George Stephanopolis" and said h